Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Fathers Day

Yep.

So tomorrow is Fathers Day--which is a "bullshit Hallmark holiday" that "I don't care about," if you ask my Dad. Generally, I agree with him. It's bologna. 

But we think it's crap for different reasons.

He just doesn't like attention (which is why he'll love this post).

 I just don't need to be reminded that I have a hell of a man for a Father. I wouldn't change a thing about him. Not that I had any doubts, but the way he's supported me and been there for me in this last year (and the other 28) has been nothing short of amazing. He's been there for everything. Every appointment. Every need. Every tough day. 

Again, it wasn't a surprise. I watched him care for his sick/dying wife for years, catering to her every possible need and desire without complaint. I learned what it meant to actually love somebody--unconditionally, watching those two over those years. The thing is, he's a saint. 

A saint who sucks at golf. 


A saint who can grow a phenomenal moustache....but for some reason denies his upper lip it's deserved sweater. 


I look up to him. I want to be more like him (minus the golf). He's just the man. 

He'd say that any good that is in any of us 4 kids came from Mom, and he's probably right. But she chose him, and that's enough for me to know he's great. 

Love you Dad. 




P.S. Shout out to my brother who also is a father who sucks at golf, for promoting me to the position of Uncle--the best job in the world--two times. Thanks man. 




No comments:

Post a Comment