Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Incognito

It's been a long time since I've been in the cancer center.

At least a long time since I've personally been here. 

I've been gracing the newsstands for some time.


But no one knows it's meeeeeeeee.


So I can say things like:

"Boy, this handsome man on the cover sure is an interesting fellow."

"His bone structure is impeccable."

"I bet he works out."

And so on.


Hoping for some good news today. 

As in, no, there isn't more chemo in my future. 

As in, yes, your bloodwork is wonderful and you can go back to normal life shortly. 

I've learned expecting good news is dangerous. So I'll just plan on hearing things I don't love, hope for the opposite, and move forward either way. 

Never thought I'd say this, but I missed this place. Lots of familiar faces. Lots of history in a short amount of time.

The one thing I can say for the cancer center is that it never held me hostage for weeks, like the transplant unit did.

Cancer Center > Transplant Unit.

Except for the nurses...they're equally great in both places. 

And we all hate Ohio State this week.

Updates to follow.

Never too high, never too low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment