Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A fortunate man

I'm tired. Just constantly tired and usually nauseous. It's slowly improving, I think. 

So.

I don't have a lot to say here at the moment other than this: 

I've never been more aware of or invigorated by my obligation to be as generous and kind as you all have been to me--to pay it forward. 

I've spoken on here at length about how lucky I am to have great friends and family and support. Even how lucky I am to get to experience this in general. 

I get it, "lucky to have cancer" sounds like an insane thing to say. It probably is an insane thing to say. 

Still.

It makes sense to me.

I never could have known, without being sick, the true extent of it: Just how fortunate a person I am to have all the people, near and far, who care about me. Who are generous. Who are kind. 

I'll stop rambling, but to say I'm overwhelmed by everything I've felt and experienced in the last year, and this last week, is an enormous understatement. 

Every message, letter, call, text, donation, hug, high five...you get the picture...has filled me up with love, confidence, and pride--I'm proud that I know all of you. 

I didn't need another reason(s) to want to get trough all this. Self preservation is strong enough. 

You guys gave me more, though. 

I have work to do to repay the kindness I've been shown. 

I better get started now. This is going to take a while.

Thank you. 


Gris says thanks, too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment