Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas

Cancer is the cousin Eddie of diseases. It lives in an RV and is unwelcome at all times.


"Have you checked our shitters honey?"

Just a quick thanks to everyone who's ever read this, shared this, reached out, sent thoughts, etc. I try and write this as if only I will read it, and the result is me being more honest and open than I think I otherwise would. 

Still, would I do it if I didn't know there was an audience? Unlikely. I face this with clearer eyes and in a more optimistic way because of this blog and because you read it.

You put up with my anger, complaining, frustration, bad words, failed attempts at wit, and overuse of pictures.

You all make a shitty situation more tolerable, and I wouldn't be where I am or how I am without you all. 

To my family--I love you. Thanks for being everything. You all have this strange talent of being present when I need it, and giving space when it's necessary. You've all been perfect.

Special thanks to the Fernandez family, you guys are too good to me. 

Your daughter is okay too. 

By "okay," I mean the best thing that has happened to me since I can remember. 

All I want for Christmas is good news on the 28th (PET scan) and a Spartan W...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

Updates soon. 

We're gonna be the Jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nut house.


No comments:

Post a Comment