Saturday, December 5, 2015

Sports.

"I feel bad for people who don't like sports.
“Especially people with cancer who don't like sports. I'm sure they can find other things to distract them, but I have a hard time imagining they work as well as the games this weekend have for me.”

I wrote that on October 26th of last year, after a big Spartan win. 
This win was slightly bigger, and the same is still true. I feel bad for people who don't like sports. Not because they don't have other fulfilling hobbies, but because the excitement this team and the run its been on has brought me has to be unique to sports. The highs and the lows and the stress and the relief.
A distraction like no other. 
Experiences I'll never forget.
And for a few hours on the past few Saturdays--what Cancer? What Chemo? What upcoming PET Scan?
Just the Spartans. My family. The girl I love.
And victory. 

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment