Monday, December 1, 2014

Semi-important day tomorrow

Here is the rundown of my day tomorrow:

-Leave the house at 6:30am
-Get loaded with radioactive juice at 8, and hang out for an hour
-PET Scan at 9:00am
-Breathing/Lung Function test at 11am
-Consult with Docs at Noon
-Start the process of beginning another Chemo Party
-Start chemo party (hopefully) around 2-3pm
-Enjoy chemo party (it's not a real party and there's nothing to enjoy)
-Head home around 7pm (hopefully)

So, in short, it will be a long day. 

It's an important day, too. 

After 2 cycles, it's time for another PET scan to check what progress, if any, has occurred. Damn PET scan has not been the bearer of any good news for me in the last 6 months, so it'd be nice to break that streak tomorrow.


Ideally, we'll see that the chemo has began to beat the shit out of the monsters inside me. If not, then some adjustments may be made, and we'll keep plugging away. I'm not generally claustrophobic, but there is something unpleasant about sitting inside a very tight space in a machine that tells me how much cancer I have and where it is. Weird, right?

The PFT test is needed because one of the Chemo drugs I'm on is especially hard on the lungs. I took one of these tests for a baseline before beginning treatment, so now we'll go see if the drug has had any negative effects on my breathing. In general, my chest feels okay. It is pretty tight now and then, and find myself a bit out of breath for no reason randomly. I'm curious to hear the results. 

The test itself isn't all that bad. Mildly unpleasant when you have to "blow until you can't blow any more" a bunch of times, but it's generally quick (45 minutes) and painless.

Still:


Tomorrow will be exhausting, and I'm not looking forward to the days following another treatment. I can already taste the chemo, my stomach is already churning, and the lump in the throat is growing. Number 5 of 12 will suck just as much/probably more than the previous 4, but it's one more off the list, so let's get it over with.

Still, it's time for some good news. I'm due, right?

So cut the shit, PET scan, and tell me something good.

Or I'll go Michael Bolton from Office Space on you:


1 comment: