Thursday, December 11, 2014

William Penn, and a good friend

A good buddy of mine recently lost his grandfather.

Said buddy was in the bar tonight with some friends and sat to chat with me for a while, and he showed me a Zippo lighter that his grandfather had given him. 

It had a quote on it.

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."-William Penn

It's a quote I'd never heard before, and not one I'll forget. 

Aside from being the coolest lighter I've ever seen, passed down from a man I didn't know but who seems by all accounts to be a legend...what a quote. 

And what a friend for sharing it.

Stop wasting time. We don't have that much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment