Sunday, December 28, 2014

You guys are incredible.

I started this blog as a way to chronicle events through this little trip I'm taking down Cancer lane, and to keep friends and family in the loop about happenings and developments. 

I'm happy that I did and I'm happy that those who encouraged me to do it took the time to do so. 

Still...I never could have anticipated the response I've gotten from people. 

Well that isn't true. I expected it from my friends and family, because I have the best of both in the world.

But from total strangers--it's been something I'll never forget.

I recieve e-mails and messages from total strangers regularly, and it never ceases to amaze me each time it happens.

For example, an e-mail I received recently:

Hi Marcus,

I know you have no idea who I am, but I came across your blog when ------- shared your post about ---- a few days ago. I’ve been reading all your posts (essentially stalking the shit out of you) and I just wanted to say you’re a phenomenal writer, your story is encouraging, and your dog is cute. I really don’t have much to say other than that.  Keep bossing cancer around and keep writing…weird strangers like myself seriously enjoy reading your stuff!

Ps…U of M is a stupid, shitty, horrible place – BUT I have a sister whom is in remission after being treated at their cancer center... so keep your faith in them…they aren’t all as dumb as Brady Hoke. J

Cheers!

First of all, these e-mails are all hyperbolic when it comes to my writing abilities. Second, I notice that people seem generally at ease in these messages and they aren't formal correspondence pieces, which I love. Third, I'm awful at taking compliments, and you people flatter me and make a guy feel pretty good about himself.

And fourth, to those of you who have taken the time to reach out to me and send me something, anything at all, thank you. 

I mean it. 




You too, J. By all means, stalk away.

1 comment:

  1. glad your back, piss on perfectly fine bathrooms the parking lot sucks there give it hell!

    ReplyDelete