Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cancer Fashion

I receive a good amount of e-mail and a few messages about the best places to shop for "cancer fashion." 

I understand why these places exist. People want hats, clothing, prosthetics and the like to keep them warm/comfortable, and the majority of the sites donate a portion to different cancer organizations. In general, it's a very worthy cause.

Still, cancer fashion? There's gotta be a better name. 

Maybe just "clothes" can still work? 

"Clothes store," now there's a name you haven't seen before. Succinct, specific, attention-grabbing. You're welcome, cancer fashion stores. 

As for me, shopping for cancer fashion implies that I had some sense of fashion before I had cancer--which I did not, and still don't. 

Just kidding, of course I do:

Takes a real man to wear his waistband just below his nipples. 

So thank you anyway, cancer fashionistas. Jeans, sweatpants, hats and hoodies will continue to work for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...ya, your "fashion" has been the same since high school, and it fits you. lol

    ReplyDelete