Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It's been a while...and the best holiday of the year is tomorrow.

Again, I've been a bit absent from the blog recently--but I'm back. 

I'm getting in to the "dog days" of treating this it seems--so days where I'm feeling expressive and creative happen a bit less often. Still, I'm doing well. 

As expected, the chemo weeks are rough, and the off weeks are tolerable. The chemo weeks are getting a bit rougher as they accumulate, and I'm starting to wonder if it isn't more mental than physical. I do my best not to let myself "dread" the way I expect to feel after a treatment, but I'm finding that task more difficult as we go on. 

That being said, I really do believe the symptoms and side effects are only at their worst if I dread them--so my best is just going to have to get better. 

Having cancer sucks. Letting worries about having it consume you is worse. On that front, I'm still winning.

Also... 

THANKSGIVING IS TOMORROW.

yup. 
This is important, because it is the best holiday there is. Period. 

It's Christmas without the stress or expense. It's family, food, football and sleep. It's perfection. 

My family is a bit spread out this year, which is allowing me to do something I've always wanted to do, but never have...go to the Lions Thanksgiving Day game! 

My brother, sister in-law, and nephew will be there to watch the Motor City Kitties beat the piss out of the Bears. 



It will be glorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment