Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A grievance

I am as open minded as they come, and will happily support anyone in any belief system they choose, as long as it doesn't harm anyone, and as long as it isn't forced down anyone's throat. 

That stated--I do not believe that things happen for a reason. 

I don't believe there is some master plan behind my friends Marc and Becca passing away, or my Mother, or my friends Mom, or my friends Dad, or for anything that happens. 

We're floating along, and things happen, and we react and we do the best we can with what we have.

That is what I believe. 

I love the support I've received, and this may be rude. I truly apologize that in this brief moment of anger/frustration I have to come out and request:

Please do not tell troubled/sick people they are troubled/sick for a reason, which is what troubled/sick people hear when you tell them that "things" happen for a reason. 

Thanks, new friend Leah. 

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion."-Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment