Friday, October 10, 2014

Gotta get back to work

So after a few days of...let's call it "minor discomfort," it's time to get back to work a bit. It isn't a case of being forced back in--I want to be here. The people I work for and with have been absurdly good to me throughout this whole process. (Especially the people I work for...the insurance is coming in handy). Seriously, though, the support I have here, while not unexpected, is still awesome. Thank you, you know who you are. 

I manage a bar/restaurant (which has been hauling ass lately). It's a great job, I enjoy it, and I'm good at it. 

A bar is not always the cleanest place on earth. The places that need to be spotless certainly are (kitchen, utensils, glassware, etc.), but the restrooms, dirty glassware and plates present issues to a guy with the immune system of a newborn. 

The biggest hazard to me, though, are the customers who fill the place, and the money they spend. Money is disgusting, and it being my job to handle it, I have to watch myself. So, the glove life it is for me. 

Gloves will be my friend


Thus, the doctors do not like my job as much as I do. They are, however, understanding of my need to work. 

Not because I need a paycheck, and to keep my insurance, which I obviously do. 

It's because I hate nothing more than the feeling that I'm not pulling my weight. Not doing my part. No one here makes me feel that way. Everyone here is amazing. "Take all the time you need, stay home and rest, blah blah blah." Still, who likes a freeloader? 

Aside from that, it's something I like to do. Thus far, this blog has been a great distraction for me. But it can't keep my occupied for more than an hour at a time. I enjoy the work I do, I look forward to it. It is part of normalcy, which I'd like to hang on to. 

It'll be different. I'll have to pick and choose when I work, avoid the large crowds, and rely on people I care about to be flexible with me.

I know I'm sick, but as long as I can physically work and the docs don't explicitly say "stay the hell away from work," I plan on being here as much as I can.

Looking awesome while I do it. 

This is my "counting money while hiding in the office" outfit. Not my "seen by customers" outfit. 





2 comments:

  1. Dude...you're Heisenberg...in the most legal way possible. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus, you were raised with good worth ethics I must say! Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete