Monday, October 13, 2014

So this is what it's like

I'm about 2 months into knowing I have cancer. 

I'm about a week into treating it. 

And maybe it was starting this blog, but probably not--I'm sure I would have re-had this epiphany when people started reaching out to me/offering support...

But here it is anyway:

This is what it's like to have better friends than anyone deserves. 

This is what it's like to be lucky enough to have the family I call my own. 

And this is what it's like when total strangers care about you too. 


These aren't new revelations, except maybe the last, but when your body feels like garbage and your head is in the toilet for a week, bright spots in the day are a little more noticeable. I'm a lucky guy.

So, ya know, thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment