Thursday, October 9, 2014

They were right about today

The nurses and docs told me last night/today would be the roughest, and they were right. It's been a long 24 hours, but I'm starting to come out of it. Slowly. 

Don't know if it is better to know the "rough stuff" is coming, or for it just to arrive. Preparing for it is a waste of time anyway, and only gives you time to build it up too high/underestimate it. 

I underestimated it. That won't happen again. Still, it could be worse. 

Appetite creeping back in, little less nauseous, still no energy, but just happy the stomach wringing, full body cramping, pounding headache, hot/cold, not able to sleep nonsense is gone for now. I hope. 

But we're not gonna be dramatic today. 

Little Mac n' Cheese in the belly. Little football on tonight. Little water staying down. Little chemo wreaking havoc on the cancer/my body. 

Life is good. 

So are these photo booth pics I came across in a drawer at home. 



That wedding was a damn blast. 

And I'm an idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment